Feels Like Home
Good for Free and Independent Travelers. MorinoKi is the first Backpackers’ Hostel in Hokkaido established in 1999. Budget Accommodations in Otaru Hokkaido JAPAN.
Using the old Japanese house. Comfortable Japanese-style hostel. Please make yourself at home freely. Also Good for the nap.
Good for Otaru sightseeing. “Otaru Canal” & “Sakai-machi” nearby. Day Trip from Otaru to Niseko, Yoichi, Shakotan Peninsula,and Sapporo Access Information
- Check in time
- 15:00 – 22:00
- Please tell us the arrival time in advance.
- Before and after your arrival time, we may close of the hostel.
- We can not keep your baggages before check-in (15:00)
Thank you for your cooperation.
- After the check-in, you can use the shower and kitchen, etc.
- When your check-in passes over arrival time, be sure to contact us. Your reservation may be canceled.
- Check out time
- – 10:00 am
- Please put out your luggage from the bedroom before 10am.
- It is cleaning rooms in the hostel from 8:00 to 13:00 . Thank you for your cooperation.
- If you would like to extend your stay, please let us know and pay before 10:00.
- We can keep your baggages, but our hostel may close from 11:00 to 15:00 . Thank you for your cooperation.
- 24:00 (If you return hostel after curfew, please let us know in advance.).
- Reception Desk
- Reception desk is open from 7:00 to 11:00, 15:00 to 22:00.
- It may close for break time of the staff from 11:00 to 15:00
- If you have any questions for sightseeing, our friendly staff will be happy to assist you. (Uncommonly we might not be there. such as meal or shopping or…) We can keep your valuables with us.
- Car Parking
- Free car Parking. 3 cars only.
Guests are required to book for use of the parking lot in advance.
- Non-smoking Area
- Please cooperate all rooms are non-smoking. Smoking is permitted only in the smoking area which is outside of the entrance or garden.
- Guest Rooms
- Our guest rooms are dormitory style with bunk beds and generally separate room for males and females.
- Room F: 3 bunk beds (Max. 6 people) [for women]
- Room F-1: 1 bunk bed (Max. 2 people) [for women or Staff]
- Room M: 4 bunk beds + Extra bed (Max. 9 people) [for Mix or Group]
- Room T: 1 bunk bed (Max. 2 people) [Small double + Single] [for Private B]
- Group Arrange “Private room”
We arrange the room for a small group or a family.
Please ask us when make a reservation.
- Bedding, linen and towel are free of charge.
- We have not any nightwear, bath-towel, shampoo, conditioner or toothbrush available.
- All room heating facility. (No air conditioner)
- No heating charge. But it might be a little cold here in winter because it is an old house. If you feel chilly you can use extra blanket and Hot-water bottle.
- Private showers, toilets, TV sets and refrigerators are not provided in the guest rooms.
- Eating, drinking and smoking are not permitted in the guests rooms.
- No key for the guests rooms. Please manage your luggage by own responsibility. We can keep your valuables with us.
- There are basically neither breakfast nor supper. (European Plan Only) There are a lot of restaurants, Sushi restaurants, pubs, etc. near here. The convenience store and the supermarket are also nearby. Travel tips in Otaru
- We have communal cooking facility for guest . (6:00 to 22:00)
- for Breakfast
- Please ask staff about breakfast, when you check-in
- Drink Counter
- Tea Donations to “For The Next Traveler”. There are coffee, tea, Japanese tea, and various alcohol.
- Otaru Beer
- The Otaru beer is sold. (one bottle 330ml:350 yen)
- Lounge Room
- There are Japanese-style Lounge Room and Dining Lounge Room in Morinoki. Homely and cozy lounge space makes your stay comfortable. There are a large amount of Manga (Comics) and a lot of DVD. There is Internet PC for the guest, too. Eating & Drinking are permitted only in the lounge. Please keep good manners in the common space especially late at night.
- Internet PC for the guest: (100 yen for 20 minutes / 6:00 to 24:00) Wired/Wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) is available for FREE with your own laptop.(24h) Printout: 10 Yen/Sheet(A4)
- Garden & Terrace
- There are Japan style garden and terrace. In the summer time you can stay under the sun with good view.
- Shower & Bath
- There are one private shower room and one private Japanese Style Bath. Bath time: 18:00 to 24:00 / Shower room time: 6:00 to 11:00, 15:00 to 24:00 Please keep good manners in the common space. Towel and Hair dryers are available, but shampoo and hair conditioning are not available.
- We have Washing machine and Dryer. (each 200yen/time: include Washing soap) Time: 15:00 to 22:00 Please ask us before using laundry.
- Facilities, Amenity
O free parking Ｘ pick-up Service O luggage storage O towel Ｘ bath towel Ｘ nightwear Ｘ toothbrush O soap Ｘ brush Ｘ shampoo Ｘ conditioner Ｘ shaver O hair drier O alarm clock Ｘ air conditioner Ｘ TV O DVD player X VTR Ｘ payphone O internet pc O Wi-Fi O fridge O microwave oven O toaster O washing machine O dryer Ｘ rental bike
- MorinoKi shop “pooh”
- There is sundries counter in the hostel. (pottery goods, the bead accessories, CD, and the book etc.) There is a bookcrossing counter, too.
- MorinoKi party
- Sometimes we have a party such as “Spring Party”, “Summer BBQ” and “Anniversary party” etc. Please check MorinoKi News or the event calendar about details.
- J-class MorinoKi
- Good for Working Holiday and the Long Traveler. Japanese lessons available from a licensed Japanese Teacher in Otaru, Hokkaido! For those who are thinking of learning Japanese language to communicate with the locals. Such a Japanese class is in MorinoKi. About [J-class MorinoKi]
- Helpful & English speaking (not good at…) Staff. “MASA” and “Keko”, We were born in Otaru, and grew up in Otaru. We love this town. AND, we have Host Cat and Dogs. About Staff | About Host Cat and Dogs
Book via these sites!